- 4 tablespoons garlic powder (or granulated garlic)
- 4 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons salt (more or less as desired)
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
Instructions: Using a spice grinder or mortise and pestle, grind ingredients together until herbs are well blended and to the desired consistency.
Store in air tight container. When ready to use just mix 1 tablespoon of spice mix to 10 ounces of tomato sauce. For a thicker sauce, mix in 1 teaspoon of tomato paste in addition to the sauce.